AISES Young is an international network of young thinkers, whose purpose is studying and reflecting upon global, European and national institutions, economy, finance, public policies and global issues. Our action is encouraged by AISES, an international non-profit and independent think-tank based in Rome, which has created a global network of excellence.
Young, inspired and bright students share ideas regarding social issues that need new solutions, so that they can play an active role in shaping our common European future. AISES Young is a unique opportunity for an entire generation. Together we can revive, cultivate and spread the idea that we can still improve this society. We must not accept the world as it was offered to us, and we must struggle to create the one that we dream
We organize thrilling projects, in order to challenge ourselves. This is the only way a person can truly improve. AISES believes in young generations and counts on us.
We share the belief that only young generations can rediscover the value of social ethics, in order to restore the positive meaning, which was once attributed to the expression "European Union".
- Participation to AISES Yearly Higher Education Course (seminars, workshops and conferences). 2014/2015 course topic is "Institutional Reforms and Economic Growth in Europe".
- The organisation of the International Prize "Standing on giants' shoulders", an academic award given each year to a distinguished and bright person because of his/her intellectual contribution, institutional service and excellence in his/her field of work (Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, former President of the Italian Republic, received the 2013 Prize and Mario Draghi, President of European Central Bank, received the 2014 Prize).
- Organisation of International Policy Weeks in partnership with other student associations.
Our 2014/2015 partners are:
1) King's Think Tank, the first student-led policy centre in UK and the biggest of its kind in Europe, whose students are from the prestigious King's College London.
2) SUFFESA (Strathmore University Finance and Financial Economics Student Association), based in Nairobi, Kenya.
In October 2014, the first international policy week took place in Rome. AISES Young and King's Think Tank worked together to draft a policy recommendation on "E-Learning and Massive Online Education".
- AISES Talks: seminars only for students with AISES senior members as guest speakers.
- Joint Papers with Partner association. AISES Young students are currently working on a joint paper with SUFFESA students.
Franza Francesco Maria
You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
@vadeluca (AISES President)
Facebook account: AISES Young
Linkedin account: Academy Aises
Join us! Together we can inspire, create and cultivate the next generation of change.